The BSET Complex Peripheral Vascular Course was held on 15th-16th March 2018.
The course provided teaching and interactive workstation training on the following:
The endovascular management of infrainguinal lower limb PAD
- What is the evidence for endovascular management of infrainguinal disease
- Stenting the SFA – is this the solution?
- Simulation based practice
Novel concepts in the management of venous disease
- Contemporary management of deep venous disease
- What is the current evidence for treating superficial venous disease
- What options are available for treating superficial venous reflux
- Setting up a comprehensive venous practice
Pathways of care in the management of patients with a suprainguinal atherosclerotic disease
- The evidence for the endovascular management of iliac artery atherosclerotic disease
- The role of the covered stents and stent grafting in the management of complex aortoiliac disease
Carotid stenting – pre-, peri and post operative management including the role of percutaneous closure devices
- What is the current evidence for carotid stenting
- How to perform a carotid stent
- Percutaneous closure devices – what to use, when and how to do it.
Complex open aortic repair (to include open aortic repair simulation)
- Explantation of aortic stent grafts
- The open rupture – how I do it – tips and tricks.
- Open AAA repair – simulation models